Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cotton

Yeah, I know - I'm not a good blogger. But I had stuff to do. For example, before I ever read on the internet that there are a thousand reasons that cotton can't be spun by a beginner or without a high-speed wheel, I bought this cute little cotton sampler at Cottage Fiber. (Which, sadly, is closing up shop here in KC but will be setting up an online store, so I highly encourage all of you to take up knitting and spinning and give your business to our friends here: www.cottagefiber.com)
Anyway, I bought this kit, and began spinning it. Took some time; there were a lot of embarrassing mishaps before I figured out how to make it work, but eventually I bent it to my will.
See? That's will-bending, right there, that is.

And here's the final two ply. I bought some inexpensive Lion Brand cotton to go with it, since I only ended up with one skein (from two cotton kits plied together, actually).

I'm not actually sure what to make with it yet. We found a good hat pattern, but now I'm not so sure. I think I'll put up a new poll!

1 comment:

Dug said...

That yarn you got to go with is matches pretty well. Good choice.