Monday, October 27, 2008

Still knitting...

Yesterday I woke up at 7:00. I had some breakfast, made some tea, and started knitting. Determined that I will have my NP sweater ready to wear this Saturday (because Jennifer and I are going on a road trip to a fiber store in the middle of nowhere, and I want to show off), I had already finished the second sleeve and joined both sleeves to the body. I knew I was in for it yesterday, because with the sleeves joined I had 434 stitches on the needle. I had to knit at least 5 rounds of 434 stitches before starting the raglan shoulder decreases. It makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I knit from 7:30 yesterday morning, non-stop until - I am not kidding - 9:30 last night. (Okay, I took a couple of breaks for food and laundry, but they were really, really short breaks.) I can't remember exactly how many rows of knitting I completed during this marathon...but I think it's around TWELVE, averaging about 1 row per hour.

On the bright side, the very slowest-going rows of the sweater are complete, and I'm well into the decreases now, so the rest of the shoulders should go pretty quick. I could still make it by Saturday! Unless, of course, I finish the sweater and it looks like ass, and I have to rip it all out and start over. It could happen.

On the less bright side, Dug and I had rented Doctor Who from Netflix and were planning on watching the rest of one of the disks tonight...but in my befuddlement this morning I accidentally packaged up and mailed that disk along with some others we were sending back. Whoopsie. Hopefully Dug won't kill me too much, because I'd really like to finish this godforsaken sweater before I die.

On another bright side, however, those of you who are Dusty will be pleased to note that a certain project has been started, and will hopefully be complete by this weekend! :) I just have a button band and two little sleeves to finish up!

2 comments:

Dahnks said...

that is pretty awesome! You rock!

zoƫ said...

if it's the new dr. who, get the episode called "blink;"it's really good/scary.