Friday, December 12, 2008

And Stuff

I haven't been blogging because I've been busy and stuff, but I haven't altogether stopped knitting. I found the perfect pattern for my red goatstuff yarn - "Delphinium" by Julie Sprague - and special-ordered beads for it and everything. I had never knitted anything with beads before, and at first I thought it would be a pain in the ass, but I LOVE putting the beads on. In this pattern, instead of stringing the beads onto the yarn ahead of time, you just slip them on over the designated knitted stitch as you go.

Here is a crappy picture of the unblocked/unfinished scarf and my thingie of beads:
Here is a crappy close-up picture of the unfinished scarf: I even had to make a little tool out of a straight pin in order to hook the beads onto the loops of yarn. I'm like MacGyver!

1 comment:

Dug said...

You are VERY McGyvery!