Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cheer up, Jennifer.

My friend Jennifer has informed me that she now understands why her parents kept chickens while she was growing up. With a flash of wisdom, insight and empathy, she has concluded that when a house full of three pms-ing, teenaged girls got too much for her father, he could just go outside and snap the head off a chicken. Sounds like my dear friend is about to go off the deep end. I guess matters have only been made worse by my taking a couple of vacation days from work, because I haven't been there to talk her off the ledge. I hope I'm not the straw that broke the camel's back...or in this case, the absence that wrung the chicken's neck. I'd be devastated if she went on a chicken-wringing rampage just because I wasn't there to soothe her nerves, so people: keep your poultry inside tonight.

In other sad news, my friend Maxim has departed Kansas City after trying to single-handedly rebuild my house from the ground up in less than two weeks. He's a madman. I'm not sure if I'm appreciative or frightened.

I didn't get much done while he was here because he kept making me fix things. (We did YARD WORK yesterday. Who does that? It's crazy. Crazy, I tell you.) HOWEVER, I maybe got a wee bit of knitting started on my Blugly sweater:
This is all of the shoulders, down to where the arms are set aside and the body of the piece begins. Not bad, eh? (I hope it fits.)

I also did just a teensy bit of spinning. Those among you who are Jennifer will notice that the above photo shows Blugly spinning, not Muppet Entrails 2 spinning, but I swear, I will get to it. I have absolutely NO PLANS to fix anything this coming weekend.

5 comments:

MickieMcDog said...

Well...I'll be s son-of-a-chicken-snapper. I once saw a woman cut the head off a chicken...on what is now your patio, cb.

Maxim said...

The blugly looks much better in person, BTW.

Dug said...

I once saw my gradpa cut the head off of a chicken. It ran around the yard in a headless zombie frenzy for a good long while.

Dug said...

www.theyarntree.com/

SHEEP TAPE MEASURE. Just saying.

Maxim said...

Please tell me that the tape is supposed to be the sheep's tail...as opposed to some string it ate.