Tuesday, March 4, 2008

BAD Carey. BAD.

Okay, so I've been a bad blog poster for...um...a week. More than a week. But this is NOT my fault. A friend of mine is visiting from out of state and happens to be very good at Fixing Things. Good at isn't really the way to describe it. Obsessed with Fixing Things and Cannot Stop Even if There are Video Games is a better way to describe it. And, as my house is a "run-down dump", it turns out that every single thing that could possibly be wrong or broken in a house is, indeed, wrong or broken. So, for the past week, we've been fixing things, non-stop. There is no stopping.

I swear to god, I got up at 3:00 this morning to go pee and before I made it back to bed, there was Maxim with pad and paper, showing me a sketched out idea about Fixing Things. NO STOPPING. (Yes, Maxim, that qualifies as Crazy. I still love you, though.)

It turns out my spinning wheel and my knitting are not wrong or broken, so they've had very little attention from me during this time.

However, I have observed the poll results. As soon as time allows, I shall commence my blugly sweater (okay, so MAYBE the shoulder part is pretty much done - pictures later) and address Jennifer's Muppet Entrails 2 fiber with the same hellbent focus that Maxim is currently directing at my house while I am safe at work.

THINGS MAXIM HAS FIXED/IS FIXING BECAUSE HE IS SO COOL
(AND CANNOT STOP FIXING THINGS):
1. Replaced an outdoor faucet and valve. (It was leaking.)
2. Installed a pet door so I can move the kitty litter to the garage.
3. Cleaned out most of the garage already. (Way above and beyond the call of duty.)
4. He's addressing the issue of The Magenta Door.
5. He's installing an exhaust fan in my bathroom.
6. The water shut off valve for the house is in a hard-to-get-to place in the crawl space, so he's redirecting it upstairs.
7. He installed smoke detectors so we won't die in our sleep if the house goes up in flames.

What else? I know that's not all. He never stops.

10 comments:

amy said...

the words energizer bunny pops into my head right about now

Carey said...

Funny, I was thinking the EXACT SAME words!

zoë said...

waaaait...you mean mm hasn't reinvented the spinning wheel yet? He's slipping! One look at that thing should've produced a tablet of graph paper and some boxes with words inside and lines and arrows and equations and ahhh! :)

Your house is EMPHATICALLY NOT a run down dump. It is cute and prettily painted with great furniture and dragons, too! Now, I bet mm doesn't have limited edition dragons and is just way jealous.

Carey said...

Oh man, I forgot to break out the dragons. Those are going on the coffee table tonight.

amy said...

Have you found an off button yet?

zoë said...

If you moisturize your hands (use a heavy duty moisturizer) before you use dye it won't sink in nearly as much.

amy said...

why wont you use gloves or coat you hand with vaseline instead?

Carey said...

I finally got some gloves. Of course, then I accidentally dyed my NOSE blue.

Unknown said...

how did you dye your nose blue? and why diddnt you use gloves earlier?

Maxim said...

Having gotten grease on my nose many a time while working on my car I can attest to how easy it is to unconsciously itch your nose. Often I'm not even aware I've done it until I go to wash up.