Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saturday Spinning Report

Yesterday was a busy day. My mom and my knitting friend Jennifer and her little munchkin, Bailey, went allll the way out to the Yarn Barn in Lawrence to buy new wool for my next epic project. (We've all decided I should spin my own yarn for a sweater - more on this later.) Then, after much fun and goofing off (and watching Bailey try to lick Mickie Dog on the nose after learning that this is the proper way to commune with dogs), I did Lots And Lots of Spinning. First, I finished up a second skein of Muppet Entrails. Then, I attacked some wool that my mom had dyed.

Spinning this wool was no easy feat. First, I had to get past this:

Scary, huh? I felt like an epic hero battling a cyclops, or some far scarier beast, while trying to wrestle the wool out from under my 30 pound monster cat. Look at him. He's evil. And possibly drunk.

Finally I managed to pry Angus from the wool and distracted him by carrying him across the house to the kitchen and dazzling him with food. At last, congratulating myself on my victory, I returned to my spinning corner to discover this:
Sigh.
Needless to say, it was a late night. However, I did achieve a skein of mom-dyed wool. She failed to name her color design before she left, which I think she'll regret, because I have decided to call it Fishguts. Pictured here are Fishguts (upper) and Muppet Entrails (lower):
In other news, Jennifer has also dyed some wool for me to spin for her. It looks, oddly enough, identical to the Muppet Entrails fiber. She would like to announce the name of this colorway as Muppet Entrails II.

Some of you may remember that I decided Sunday would be Finish What You Started Day. I guess I'll have to report on that tomorrow, as Sunday isn't over and I've accomplished exactly nothing so far.

3 comments:

Dug said...

Here is another good name for a colorway: Soylent Green. Guess what color it will be!

MickieMcDog said...

This yarn is NOT Fishguts. It is Seashell. You are sick. A sicko. I will learn to knit and make a beautiful something out of my beautiful Seashell yarn and I will be famous, and you will be silly. Fishguts. Lordie.

Maxim said...

It does look a bit like ground turkey.