Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day & Shelf Assembly!

Today there was snow. I hate snow, so I stayed home. Dug also stayed home, so I made him help me assemble the bookshelves. (You know, the ones I bought instead of hinge pins?) Everyone else in the house helped with the assembly, too. Here is Angus helping me read the instructions:

Yes, I AM wearing Dr. Pepper pants. Why do you ask? No, that is NOT my real nose. I don't know whose nose it is, or how it got on my face, but it is most certainly not mine. Nor is that gigantinormous forehead.

And here is every single beast in the house assisting Dug with the shelf construction:
Here I am sitting in front of the completed shelves (yay!), painstakingly drafting some wool, so I could very carefully, slowly, and with much concentration FOCUS on controlling the twist in my yarn...before I gave up and spaced out and just fed it on the bobbin with no regard to structure or twist and it was just as uneven as ever.
I filled up a bobbin about halfway with yarn, and then Dug and I each took about 50 pictures of it. Every single picture we took was blurry. How could we have taken 50 blurry snapshots? Then I noticed something. Nothing else in any of the pictures is blurry. Only the yarn. So I took a good close look at the yarn, and...it's blurry. So, this picture is actually in focus; it's just a shot of blurry yarn: I'm going to spin up another one of these and ply it. Who knows how it'll turn out, but this single seems a lot more even and consistent than my last session, so hopefully we'll see a difference in the 2 ply.
Probably it'll be real blurry, though.




No comments: