Friday, February 22, 2008

Fashion Queen

Okay, so I've been a bad blogupdater this week - but it's just because I've been spinning more blugly, so there's nothing new to show off.

Anyway, it just occurred to me how odd it is that I have no patience for FASHION, but I'm obsessed with KNITTING, which is essentially an act of clothing or accessory design/creation. How can I immerse myself in the world of fiber arts if I have no concept of Fashion? Most knitwear pattern designers have some sense of their own style; even if it's not a mainstream or conventionally "acceptable" look, there is usually an identifiable visual idea that they've taken to.

On the way to the office, I was thinking about how I dress, the things I prefer to buy and wear and, looking down at my three-years-out-of-style cardigan and my zip-up Keds sneakers, I realized I DO have a distinctive style. And that style is "Mr. Rogers."

7 comments:

Maxim said...

If I submitted your name to one of those fashion makeover shows would you kill me?

MickieMcDog said...

It may be hereditary. Your father, rest his soul, was a huge Mr. Rogers fashion fan. In fact, if you need more cardigans, I still have some of his. Maxim is being overly critical. I like you just the way you are. It's you I like. It's not the things you wear. It's not the way you do your hair, But it's you I like. The way you are right now.

Maxim said...

Just trying to help out...

Carey said...

It's such a GOOD feeling, to know you're alive, it's such a HA PEE feeling, you're growing inside and then you WAKE up ready to saaaaay, I think I'll something something TOOO daaaaayy....

Dug said...

Hi, Mr McFeeley, what the hell are you doing in my house?

zoƫ said...

I think Mr. Rogers really works for you--go with it! I've found a bunch of pics on a fashion magazine site highlighting chic girls wearing grandpa cardigans and looking hot doing it. Here they are for inspiration and proof that you are a trend-setter!

http://www.luckymag.com/style/streetstyle/2008/02/new_york_city?slide=12

http://www.luckymag.com/style/cutegirl/cutegirl_20080128?selectedDate=20080130

http://www.luckymag.com/style/cutegirl/cutegirl_20080218?selectedDate=20080219

http://www.luckymag.com/style/streetstyle/2008/01/chicago?slide=9

Carey said...

Excellent link, Zoetrope! Awwww yeeeaaah, I'm gonna be a stylin' Mr. Rogers.