Friday, February 22, 2008

Conversation

Jennifer: How about "YO" for a name of your future yarn business?

Me: Not a bad name at all! I should collect a list of names. Names for the yarn store, not names in general. People: "What is the name of your yarn store?" Me: "Stupid Poopy Booger Head".

Jennifer: How about Sit & Spin?

Me: [choke!] You made me inhale my water and spill it down my sweater.

Jennifer: To strangers Carey would say, "I'm the owner of the Sit & Spin store."

Me: We might attract the WRONG sort of clientele, though. Sleazy people dressed in dominatrix outfits enter the store, look around at all the yarn and fiber and wheels and say, "Well THIS isn't what I had in mind at ALL."

Jennifer: Future converts into the wonderful world of fibers & knitting.

Me: "Wow, this is WAY better than S&M!" they will say as I show them some knit stitches.

Jennifer: Just tell them to think of all the money they could save if they would just knit their own sex stuff.

Me: You know, I think they have pattern books for that. Frighteningly enough.

Jennifer: You're probably right. Very scary!

Me: You know this conversation is totally going into the blog, right?

Jennifer: Sweet!

4 comments:

The Hartzogs said...

I have a suggestion for your new store name...how about, "The Hand That Rocks the Treadle?"

Carey said...

Oooh...that's really good. That's going on the list.

MickieMcDog said...

Where There's a Wool
Wool's Worth
Pirate Cove
Carry On
The Spinnery
Alan Rickman is God
You should also have a brand name for your handspun.

Unknown said...

how about Spin city?