Sunday, February 10, 2008

More of the Same

I did a lot of work on my dyeing and spinning this weekend, with very little to show for it, because it's just More Blugly. It's gonna be like that for a while. Dug is encouraging me to mention that despite purchasing gloves and not dyeing my hands this time, I did manage to dye my nose blue. Which, okay, fine, I did, but it came off so there's no need to keep going into fits of laughter all weekend long over it.

In other news, I explained to my mom (well, I call it "explaining"; she'd call it "bitching") that she'd better learn to knit - and fast - because I can't spin and knit at the same time and I'm going to need help using up all this yarn I'll be making. And whaddya know if she didn't take me seriously:
THIS is the beginning of a beautiful seed-stitch scarf, out of the Muppet Entrails 1 yarn. I don't know how my mom learned to purl, let alone do a seed stitch in the few days she was practicing on her own. It looks really cute, doesn't it? Good job, Mom!

Speaking of new knitters! My friend Joe (of Windy-and-Joe) is also taking up the needles. Alas, he has learned the hard way that knitting and cats don't necessarily mix. Joe, repeat after me: "No-no-kit-tee, I don't want you to EAT that. Nooooo-NO." It becomes a sort of meditation mantra after a while. It's the knitter's version of "ohm".

Come to think of it, they should include cat tactics in knitting instructions. Row 1: Knit, Purl, No-no-swat, Knit to last stitch, no-no-swat, LET GO OF THE YARN YOU LITTLE #$#%#, turn work.

1 comment:

Dug said...

I am typing this while you are looking over my shoulder.

You really do have a lot of yarn to start knitting on, otherwise, we are going to have to rent a warehouse.