Thursday, July 17, 2008

Encouragement

And now I'd like you all to take a look at JENNIFER'S NEW BLOG! Here's the link:
...
What? You say there's no link there? Hmmm. Let me examine the problem. AHA! There is no link there because Jennifer does not HAVE a new blog. Which is a tragedy, really, because even if it's only for the enjoyment of a few select people, it's the modern way to show-and-tell pictures and stories of your yarn and your kids and/or pets to your out-of-town friends. I bet James and Melia would love to see a blog from Jennifer. How about Jennifer's sisters? I bet they'd like to see pictures of little Bailey Boo and hear about Jennifer's knitting-and-spinning adventures. How about Cathy, and that one slutface girl? I bet they'd like to read a Jennifer blog.

My detective work reveals that the main obstacle to Jennifer's blog-starting is that she can't think of a new name for it. I understand - I picked a crappy, "top card" name for my blog because I didn't think I'd stick with it, and then the ol' center-of-attention thing kicked in and I can hardly leave it alone. So that gives us not one, but TWO contests:

1. Come up with a really good blog name for Jennifer. (Her blog will likely feature knitting and spinning, updates on her kid and, I would guess, various rants on the topic of Common Sense - see, we've peaked Maxim's interest already.)

2. Think of a much better name than I already have for MY blog. (This is not as urgent as a name for Jennifer's blog, though. It's all about Jennifer today.)

You can submit your suggestions in the comments or email me at Cry954@gmail.com. The winner(s) may name a non-secksyoouhl prize (unless Dug is the winner) of his or her choice, as long as I can afford it.

Off topic here, but I was talking to Dug in the car this morning, and I caught myself referring to a common, everyday thing as A-MAY-ZING. Ack! I can't believe I did that! I said "a-MAAAY-zing," you know, how GIRLS say that all the time, when they are uncreative and cannot come up with original, non-trite ways to describe things? Ugh! It was awful! It was like hearing someone else talking out of MY mouth. I feel sick. My vocabulary has already been partially infiltrated by "awesome"; there is no room for any more of this sort of thing. ("Thut's like ossUUUUUUUM.") Okay, I'm going to go read the thesaurus now. Geezis.

6 comments:

Maxim said...

What about "wicked"? Is that part of your affliction?

I keep trying to come up with a spinning name based on the whole spinning in their grave expression, but so far, no go. Maybe listing the titles of a few other spinning / knitting blogs would help give us some inspiration?

Maxim said...

Have you considered co-authoring a blog rather than each having one?

Carey said...

That would be WHICKED, but my meager accomplishments would quickly be overshadowed by Jennifer's A-MAY-ZING Knitting and Bailey's adorableness.

JenLaurie said...

mmm....hello, McFly? Not only did you MAKE the yarn for blugly but MADE blugly the cardi to wear. I made a hat for Doug and granted it was an A-MAY-ZING hat, I still had to buy the yarn for it.

Carey said...

Yeah, but you like were better at knitting on your first day than I was after 10 years of knitting. Your learning curve is not as curvy as mine. :)

The Hartzogs said...

Okay, I know nothing about spinning and knitting...so forgive me if it's not the right vernacular, but what about "Tales from a Hooker" as a blog name?

Oh, and Carey - sorry if I'm the cause of your increased use of the word "Awesome." I do say that alot, mostly because "Rad" and "Gnarly" just don't seem to exemplify the fervor of awesomeness that I'm trying to communicate. That is so bogus.