Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Next Up

For the past few days I've been working on various odds and ends, with the intention of using up stashed yarn and fiber, and the realization that there's not much point in spinning all this yarn if I'm not going to KNIT anything with it. After much consideration, I have decided that my green-and-white Faux Cashmere will become a version of the Clementine Shawlette from IK Spring 2007. Shawls and wraps and similar girly items are not usually My Thing, but I want the super soft fake cashmere to turn into something I can snuggle with. Then Dug pointed out that I could put this particular wrap around my shoulders when I'm sitting at my computer, which is right in the path of our window unit air conditioner - which means I can now attach the word "practical" to this project and forge ahead guiltlessly!

I've started it, but have no photos yet. I do have this picture of the one lily growing in my yard, and since it is traditional for knit-bloggers to dazzle everyone with pictures of gardening when they have no knitting to show off, that is what I will do:

It isn't all that dazzling if you know that this is the one and ONLY flower that has ever grown in my yard, ever, and that it is quite hidden in a large expanse of overgrown weeds. But since you don't know that, you can go ahead and be impressed with my gardening prowess. (Hey, I mowed the lawn once, when I was around 13 years old - that's gardening, right?)

4 comments:

Maxim said...

Ever consider just selling your excess yarn, rather than knitting it yourself?

Carey said...

I HAVE considered that, and hopefully I'll be doing so in the future. Right now my yarn is still quite amateurish, so the price I'd fetch for it wouldn't outweigh the cost of fiber and time spent spinning. However, I'd estimate at my current rate of practice-getting, probably in a year or so I'll be ready to sell it on Etsy or something.

Dug said...

Angus has some fairly profound views on this subject:

MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW!

And I think he means it!

Maxim said...

Sounds to me like he's offering his fur for spinning into yarn. What a generous kitty!