Wednesday, July 9, 2008

FINISHED!

Blugly is finished! All I need is one 1" button. Here it is blocking. (Color is not really accurate in these photos - it's less green and more Makes-Your-Eyeballs-Bleed-Turquoise.) This was the first time I've ever properly blocked anything, and it was not the ordeal I was expecting - I just soaked it in the washing machine and ran it through the spin cycle, then pinned it to the board so that it would hold its shape as it dried. Easy!
Here I am wearing it over my jammies. In the background you can see my spinning wheel and my Mickie Dog lying on his blankie.
On the 357th try, I finally got the button band looking halfway decent.
And it actually fits me! JOY!

9 comments:

JenLaurie said...

BRILLIANT! This calls for sushi!

The Hoopers said...

You are so talented! Learn to crochet little animals so that you can teach me during lunch. I am going to ask you every day...hahaha.

Dug said...

We took approximately 10,328 photos, to make sure we got just the right angle and light, and still the color isn't quite what it should be.

Still, it is a fantastic sweater. Now, about that cthulhu you promised me...

Maxim said...

Great job! No doubt aided greatly by the fantastic blocking board.

Carey said...

Aided by the fantastic blocking board INDEED - thanks to Maxim for the great idea of using the foam, and for helping me acquire it and for cutting it down for me. (and and and and and)

Maxim said...

That button band really did come out nicely.

Carey said...

Thanks, Maxim! I really thought I was going to be reknitting that button band over and over again for the rest of my life.

Maxim said...

So does that foam hold pins worth a damn? I am worried it won't hold up to be stuck a lot in the same areas. What do you think for its prospects?

Carey said...

It held the pins wonderfully - very firmly! No damage is showing so far, and I was pretty rough on it, so I should be able to get quite a few uses out of it. And, fortunately, you made several large pieces of it for me so I should be set for a long time!