Thursday, June 12, 2008

Out of Control

With all the spinning and knitting projects I have going on, or floating around in my head, I'm starting to feel disorganized. Ravelry helps, of course, but then I just start adding MORE things to the mix. (www.ravelry.com - I'm there as Carey954. For you non-fiber people who do not know wtf I am talking about, it's a very addictive fiber artist website.) Sadly, you can only add knitting/crochet projects to your stuff in Ravelry - I don't know that you can add spinning projects. So I can't really keep track of EVERYTHING there.

So here's what I need to get done, in order of priority:

1. Blugly - I need to Navajo ply the last of my singles (woohoo), finish binding off the button band, and knit each of the sleeves. So close!

2. Roadkill - I have a little bit more wool to spin and Navajo ply (I can't stop the Navajo plying. In fact, I WASN'T going to Navajo ply the alpaca, I was going to 2-ply it, and my mom FREAKED OUT at me until I agreed to Navajo ply it. We are fans of Navajo plying.) THEN, I need to decide what to knit with it. I'm thinking a scarf as a holiday present for my Grandpa, who likely does not read this blog so it will be a surprise.

3. Frootloop socks - they are my "carpool with Dug" project, so they are coming along. But I accidentally bought some new sock yarn with the needles I purchased from Knitpicks, so I have to remind myself not to abandon them in favor of new socks. (It doesn't matter how fiercely you love a current project; sometimes the lure of casting on something NEW is just too much!)

4. Koigu one skein gloves - another "waiting room" type of project. They'll get done whenever.

5. The "Leftovers" yarn - I love that stuff, and I'm having a heck of a time deciding what to knit with it. If I have enough, the bag on the cover of "Bag Style", perhaps. I don't know. SAD.

6. The red "cashgora" fiber (I do not even know what it really is) that I am spinning, using my high speed whorl for the first time around. I suspect it will be fingering weight yarn when I am done. More socks?

7. At one point, I bought some wool to knit the "Dashing" mitts from Knitty.com for a certain boy who lives in my house and is very handsome. (Fortunately, if he reads this and the surprise is ruined, he does not care about wool and mitts enough to remember it by the time winter weather comes around.)

I'm pretty sure there's about 4,000 other things I should be speedily working on. These relaxing hobbies sure are stressful.

1 comment:

Dug said...

MITTS! LOVE MITTS! I didn't know you could knit things for baseball.