Friday, June 13, 2008

Various Things

The weekend is upon us! I shall start it off by showing you Various Things That I Have Been Working On. First we have the Navajo plied "Roadkill" Alpaca. I have a prettier picture of this in the sunlight, but this snapshot of it on my filthy kitchen counter shows the color more accurately.
I do have some more of this alpaca to spin into singles and ply, so naturally I've been working on that and not starting anything new, like this:
Okay, so maybe I started this red "Cashgora" fiber, to test out my new high speed whorl. I do not even recall what this fiber really is, but I suspect some of it comes from goats, and there might be some angora blended in. (Hence the name and all.) I'm struggling with it a bit, but that's because I'm not sure how to behave with the faster spinning speed, rather than anything to do with the fiber. The important thing is that I stick with spinning up all of this red fiber and getting the hang of the whorl, and then spend the rest of the weekend spinning the remainder of Roadkill and Blugly, as well as knitting Blugly, and that I DON'T procrastinate any further by starting yet another new and frivolous spinning project. That is the important thing.
Whoops.

2 comments:

Dug said...

It's obviously that cat's fault.

Dug said...

The roadkill stuff looks browner in real life.